Tuesday, October 21, 2008

A Pooky Tory

Last night our daughter decided to read Mommy and Daddy and "Bwudder" a "Pooky Tory." It was Clifford's Halloween. She began:
Pg 1 "I Emmy Lisbet. This Clifford, a big red gog." (The beginning of every Clifford book.)
Pg 2 "Clifford a ghost."
Pg 3 "ooooooooooh! He pooky."
Here we were on the edge of laughing, when
Pg 4 "AAAAHHHH! A ghost! Run for your lives!!!"
Pg 5 "Oh, it's Clifford. The End."

I can only imagine from where that phrase came into my daughter's vocabulary! (thank you cousins!) How funny! I love that she is starting to REALLY talk now. Except when she says things like, "no, Ia notta getta pankin!!!" or when she has just gotten scolded she says, "Mommy, be happy!"
Couple days ago, we were sitting on the sofa with the windows open. I had made prior mention of the cows stinking. Well, I got a whiff of something from outside, but to be sure, I leaned over and sniffed in her direction. She got so indignant and said, "Mom! Ia not a tinky tow!!!" LOL!

2 comments:

Kristi Eileen said...

I can just imagine little Caiah with her face full of expressions "reading" to you. Thanks for writing that:)

Marylou said...

Awww I miss my Caiah! How sweet!